- Parasafe is a medical kit designed to perform safer paracentesis procedures. Paracentesis is a medical procedure that involves puncturing the abdomen to remove excess fluid buildup. This procedure is commonly used to treat patients with liver disease or other conditions that cause fluid buildup in the abdominal cavity.
- Parasafe is designed to reduce the risk of infection and other complications during paracentesis. The kit includes all the necessary tools and supplies for the procedure, including a sterile drape, a puncture needle, a catheter, and a drainage bag.
- One of the key features of Parasafe is its use of a safety needle. Safety needles are designed to reduce the risk of accidental needlestick injuries, which can be a serious hazard for healthcare workers. The safety needle is designed to retract into the device after use, reducing the risk of accidental injury.
- In addition to the safety needle, Parasafe also includes a sterile drape to help maintain a sterile environment during the procedure. The drape is designed to cover the patient’s abdomen, creating a barrier between the puncture site and the surrounding environment.
- Parasafe also includes a catheter and drainage bag to safely remove the excess fluid from the abdomen. The catheter is designed to be inserted through the puncture site and into the abdominal cavity, allowing for the removal of the excess fluid. The drainage bag is used to collect the fluid and is designed to be easily disposed of after use.
- Overall, Parasafe is a comprehensive kit designed to make paracentesis procedures safer and more efficient. By reducing the risk of infection and needlestick injuries, Parasafe can help improve patient outcomes and protect healthcare workers.